- Medical ultrasound examination. Ultrasonic waves are shorter than normal sound waves, have good directivity, and can transmit opaque substances. This feature has been widely used in ultrasonic flaw detection, thickness measurement, ranging, remote control and ultrasonic imaging.
- Ultrasonic crushing stones. Utilizing the enormous energy of the ultrasonic wave, the stone in the human body can be broken and severely forced to vibrate, thereby alleviating the pain and achieving the purpose of healing.
- Ultrasonic humidifier. Theoretical studies have shown that under the same amplitude, the energy of an object vibration is proportional to the vibration frequency. When the ultrasonic wave propagates in the medium, the frequency of the vibration of the medium particle is very high, so the energy is very large. Such as pharyngitis, bronchitis and other diseases, it is difficult to use blood flow to get the drug to the diseased part, using the principle of the humidifier, atomizing the drug solution, allowing the patient to inhale, can improve the efficacy.
- Ultrasonic pharmaceutical.
(1) Dispersion of pharmaceutical substances for injection – Mixing phospholipids with cholesterol by mixing with an appropriate method in an aqueous solution, and dispersing by ultrasonication, smaller particles (about 0.1 μm) can be obtained for intravenous injection.
(2) Herbal extraction – using ultrasonic dispersion to destroy plant tissue, accelerate the penetration of solvent into tissue, and improve the extraction rate of active ingredients in Chinese herbal medicine.
(3) Preparation of a suspension – a solid drug is dispersed in an aqueous solution containing a surfactant under ultrasonic cavitation and vigorous agitation to form an oral or intravenous suspension of about 1 um. For example, “intravenous camptothecin suspension” “liver contrast agent”.
(4) Preparation of vaccine – After the cells or viruses are destroyed by ultrasonic dispersion, the vaccine is prepared by an appropriate method.
- Ultrasonic cleaning. Ultrasonic cleaning is the best way tothe current cleaning. The frequency of ultrasonic waves generated during cleaning is about 20-50 kHz, which can be used for cleaning medical parts such as dental tools and surgical instruments.